Thursday, December 5, 2013

Atooma revisited

Note: This blog entry is based on testing I did months ago, and am just now getting around to blogging.

Okay, so I've used the Atooma application on my Android for more than 2 weeks now, and decided today to uninstall it.  It worked okay, although it would frequently interfere with my wifi connections by cutting them off unexpectedly.  I think the application has a lot of potential.

So why did I uninstall it?  Let's first examine why I installed it in the first place.

I hate having my phone search for a wifi connection when I'm between the home and the office.  It wastes power and drains my battery.  So by using Atooma to turn off wifi when I left the office or left home, and turn it back on again when I reached the office or reached home, it would save battery, right?

What I did NOT factor in due to faulty logic on my part was that GPS would be searching endlessly to see if I was at the office or at home, thereby draining my battery far more effectively than the occasional wifi search was doing.  Truth be told, I just need to make it a habit to turn off wifi when I leave the home or office, and turn it back on when I'm in a place where I can use wifi.  I installed and tested Atooma because I was being lazy.  Period.

So I'm back to manual and I think my battery will last a lot longer now!

Benny Helms


MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No comments:

Post a Comment